The Dubray Card Reward Scheme (the "Scheme") is operated by Dubray Books Limited, 10 Main St, Bray, Co. Wicklow (“Dubray”).
To take part in the Scheme, you need an activated Dubray Card (the “Card”). Cards are available from and can be activated in any of our stores.
The use of the Card is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). These Terms govern your participation in the Scheme and the use of your Card. They also set out the terms of the contract between Dubray and you, the Card holder. Please read them carefully and keep a copy for your reference.
If you have any questions about these Terms or your participation in the Scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To earn points you must present the Card to the cashier at the time of purchase or during the online checkout procedure.
- Except if otherwise stated or advertised, for every €1 spent in a single purchase transaction on valid products, a Card holder will collect 4 points. Each point is worth 1c and can be redeemed at any time to purchase valid products. Valid products are those described below under the heading “What products are eligible?”
- It is not possible to claim points on purchases made before activating your Card.
- Points have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold, shared or transferred.
- Points collected during a purchase transaction will only be allocated to the Card holder's account once the purchase transaction is complete and payment has been accepted.
- Dubray may award additional points for promotions/offers from time to time. Points are awarded after any relevant discounts or promotions have been deducted from the Card holder's shopping.
- Dubray reserves the right to withdraw promotions/offers for additional points without notice.
- Points will usually be loaded onto your Card immediately. In the event of a system failure points will be applied as soon as is possible. Dubray takes no responsibility for circumstances beyond their control. Points cannot be redeemed until loaded on to the Card.
- Points can be used as full or part payment against products/purchases in Dubray stores and online at www.dubraybooks.ieTo do so, a Card holder must present his/her Card in-store before they complete the purchase transaction. When purchasing online, a Card holder will be required to enter his/her Card number as part of the order purchase transaction.
- Upon spending points, the appropriate number of points will be removed from the Card holder’s account.
Your Dubray Card
- Your Card remains the property of Dubray and can only be used when making purchases in Dubray stores or online. It is only for use in connection with the Scheme and is not a credit, debit, or cheque guarantee card.
- If your Card account has not been active for a period of 12 months, points or any spend value on the Card will expire and be removed without further notice to you.
- Dubray reserves the right to decline issue or withdraw the Card.
- If you breach these Terms or if Dubray reasonably believes that you have abused the Scheme and/or breached these Terms, your Card may be terminated without prior notice. Dubray reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the Scheme including withholding points previously credited to your account.
- Dubray reserves the right to reject any Card that it reasonably determines has been forged or otherwise tampered with.
- Where two or more Cards have been allocated to one loyalty account, only the Card holder who registered with the Scheme, can collect/spend points.
Changes to terms and conditions
- Dubray reserves the right to alter these Terms (including the value of points) at any time or terminate the Scheme. Dubray will notify Card holders of any changes to these Terms online at www.dubraybooks.ie/loyalty and copies will be available in our stores.
- The rate of points earned or value of points when spent can be altered at the discretion of Dubray after reasonable notice to you. Notification will be given in stores or on www.dubraybooks.ie/loyalty
- Dubray reserves the right to suspend or close the Scheme at any time but it will endeavour to give Card holders as much notice as reasonably possible, both on www.dubraybooks.ie/loyaltyand by displaying notices in-store.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be aged 18 years or over on the date of issue of their Card and be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- Employees of Dubray are not eligible for the Card or able to earn points.
- The Card is only for consumer use and cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity.
- Participation in the Scheme is personal to the named Card holder. A Card holder is responsible for the use and security of his/her Card and points.
What products are eligible?
- Points can only be collected upon the purchase of books and other products but not upon the purchase of the following: cash back, gift cards, gift vouchers, book tokens, stamps. Products and ranges may be excluded or included at any time and without prior notice and such changes will be at the discretion of Dubray or as directed by Irish or EU legislation.
- The Card can be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, but Dubray reserves the right to withdraw this at any time or may alter the products included or excluded in a promotion.
- Dubray may, if it so wishes, reverse the associated points earned or redeemed if a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or when a product is returned (in accordance with the Dubray Returns Policy). For in-store purchases, the Cardholder must present their Card to sales staff so that the points awarded can be debited from or credited to the Card when the product is being returned.
- If a Card holder returns products/purchases in circumstances where he/she tendered for the products/purchases using points on his/her Card the points will be re-allocated back to the Card holder's account.
- If a Card holder exchanges products/purchases then Dubray is also entitled to cancel these points, unless the Card holder exchanges for products/purchases with an equivalent points value. If a Card holder exchanges for products/purchases with a lower points value then Dubray is entitled to cancel the balance of the points.
Lost or stolen cards
- If your Card is lost, stolen or is not working please contact email@example.com with your full account details. Dubray cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged Cards, or any points accrued on or redeemed from the card while lost.
How will we contact you?
- By signing up to the Scheme and giving us personal details, you agree to be sent updates and special offers unless you subsequently notify us otherwise.
- It is important that you keep your contact details up to date. You can change or update your cardholder details by logging onto www.dubraybooks.ie/loyalty
- A Card holder can opt out of receiving information from Dubray for direct marketing purposes by changing their contact options online at www.dubraybooks.ie/loyalty
- Personal details that a Card holder supplies during the registration process will be processed by Dubray with appropriate confidentiality. Other than as stated below, no personal details will be divulged to anyone or any organisation outside of Dubray or its data processors.
- Holders of the Card may at any time request to see the data held by Dubray, and to change or remove personal details held by Dubray or to “opt-out” of any direct marketing contact from Dubray. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 10 Main St, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
- Dubray may, however, use the personal details supplied for the following purposes: to help manage and administer the Scheme and improve the way it is run; to help Dubray understand its Card holders’ shopping habits; and/or to provide a Card holder with relevant tailored offers by email, SMS or post, during a Card holder’s participation in the Scheme or to ascertain his/her interest in any subsequent scheme unless he/she opts out of the receipt of such.
- Dubray may also use information relating to sets or groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to enhance its understanding of customer behaviour and enable Dubray to improve its service in general.
- If Dubray is sold or its business is transferred to another company, Dubray may transfer all of its rights and obligations under these Terms without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information it holds about you to a prospective or actual new owner. This disclosure or transfer will not alter a Card holder’s rights in respect of the use that can be made of information by that other company.
- If any clause of these Terms is held to be invalid in whole or in part, that part shall be deleted and the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
- These Terms are subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
- Use of the Card as payment for goods is taken as acceptance of these Terms.