Discover Portugal with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to this beautiful country before you've even packed your case - explore the cosmopolitan cities of Lisbon and Porto, become a connoisseur of the country's port in the Douro valley, drive the rugged Atlantic Coast, island-hop around the Azores, or relax on Madeira's golden beaches. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Portugal covers the must-see sights and the hidden backstreets, so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Portugal: stunning beaches, colourful azulejos, historic towns - what will yours be?
- See Portugal from a different angle - 22 pages of fresh ideas for exploring this spectacular country
- A year-long calendar of events in Portugal gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Over 20 detailed, colour maps help you navigate the country with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Sintra's Palacio da Pena, Belem's Mosteiro dos Jeronimos and Coimbra's University
- Covers Lisbon - Alfama, Baixa and Avenida, Bairro Alto and Estrela, Belem and Beyond the Centre - the Lisbon Coast, Estremadura and Ribatejo, the Beiras, Porto, Douro and Tras-os-Montes, Minho, Alentejo, the Algarve, Madeira and the Azores
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Lisbon.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. Now they have a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.