Keeping Up with the Kalashnikovs
Ross O Carroll Kelly
Hanging with the Elephant
The Children Act
The Little Book of Mindfulness
We are All Completely Beside Ourselves
Karen Joy Fowler
Two More Pints
The Secret Place
Staring at Lakes: A Memoir of Love, Melancholy and Magical Thinking
Theatre of Shadows Competition
UPDATE: Congratulations to Megan Punzet of Newtown Mount Kennedy, our lucky winner.
Become a secret operative on Derek Landy’s Theatre of Shadows Dublin, Sat 27th September, from 1pm.
Fans lucky enough to get a ticket for Theatre of Shadows will be taken on an adventure inside the much loved world of Derek Landy's bestselling Skulduggery Pleasant. The event is tailor-made by Derek and a crack team of LARP (Live Action Role Playing) specialists. There'll be role-playing, problem solving and an amazing quest to tackle. Winners will need to get to central Dublin on 27th September, and be available between 1 and 6pm. The event lasts approximately 2.5 hours and ticket-holders will be given their start times closer to the event.
To win, tell us in 50 words or less why YOU would be an invaluable LIVE Operative for Derek Landy’s Theatre of Shadows.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Sunday 14th Sept.
The winners will receive 2 tickets.
Operatives must be aged 13+.
Please see below for the full terms & conditions.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers (“HarperCollins”), 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JB and Dubray Books.
- This promotion is open to all residents of Ireland , aged over 13, except employees of HarperCollins or employees of Dubray Books and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition. If you are under 18 you need permission from a parent or guardian to enter.
- To enter the competition, please email your entry to email@example.com
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 14th September. No entries received after this date will be accepted. No purchase necessary. Only 1 allowed per household.
- No cash or prize alternatives are available.
- HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- There will be 1 winner who will receive a pair of tickets. This winner will be chosen by Dubray Books based on their 50 word entry.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner on 27th September 2014 at the Theatre of Shadows live event in Dublin.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
- To obtain the name of the prize winner after the closing date, please contact your local branch of Dubray Books
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing that if you win your name and image may be used for the purpose of announcing the winner in any related publicity with HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The prize is two tickets to the Theatre of Shadows live event in Dublin on 27th September 2014. Travel is NOT included in this prize.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
3 For 2 Promotion*
*Lowest priced book free
Monthly NewsletterJoin our mailing list